Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good bye, Bubba

Today Bubba passed away at approximately 3:20 pm Mountain Daylight Time. I was by his side, as was my oldest son who had just got home from school. While it was difficult to witness, I'm glad he did not pass away all alone by himself as my first cat Pilar did.

It has been a difficult week and everyday I woke up shocked to see Bubba still alive.  Two days ago, after a day of barely walking a few steps, he shocked me by walking up a long flight of stairs to our bedroom. It was his last burst of energy before sliding into respiratory failure.


Here are some of my favorite pics of him from the 6.5 years he was with us (he was an adopted cat so we don't know his exact age.)

Bubba Big Eyes
Bubba Big Eyes

Bad boy Bubba
Sitting on top of my car
 
Larry and Bubba
Larry, left, and Bubba on the right

Professor Bubba
Professor Bub
"your butt makes a nice pillow
Hanging out with Spanky when he was a puppy
Bubba
Bub in a basket

No comments:

Post a Comment