Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tebowmania

Today I'm going to divert from my usual topic of pugs and talk about Tebowmania. If you don't follow NFL football or don't live in the Denver area, let me briefly fill you in.  Tim Tebow (quarterback) won the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore at Florida. He was drafted in 2010 by the Broncos in the first round (25th pick) but didn't start a game until the very end of the season last year. This season he didn't start until the sixth game. Things were a bit shaky at first, with one win in Miami and a loss against Detroit. But things turned around the next week in Oakland and Tim led the Broncos on a 6-game winning streak. Tebowmania hit Denver. Didn't matter if you didn't follow football - everyone knew about Tim, the golden boy with good morals and equally good looks to match. However, Tebowmania started to wain when the Broncos posted 3 consecutive losses. No fear, though. It has returned, at least for a while, as the Broncos managed to get into the playoffs and score a win against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

 
My contribution to Tebowmania has been these two pictures of my neighbor's twin grandbabies. The first one I did on my own -- just a spur of the moment thing -- adding a few speech bubbles. The second was actually requested by the mom of the babies.





No comments:

Post a Comment